- Introduction to field electrical testing
- Risk assessment
- IEC 62353 standard for recurrent testing of medical equipment
- Electrical safety testers
- Exercises in planning test protocols
- Practical testing and inspection of medical equipment
The purpose of the course is to improve the competence of Biomedical Engineers and Technicians in performing safety inspections and tests on medical equipment in the field on a routine basis and after modification. On completion of the course, the participant should be competent to perform and interpret electrical safety tests and inspections on common medical equipment without supervision and should have the knowledge to make judgments about the safety of unusual electrical configurations.